What is co-production?
Co-production varies greatly, but usually involves a team of professionals working together with patients to create research, or to implement that research.
Co-production can be a deliberative process which requires public members and professionals to be involved on an equal footing throughout every stage.
How has co-production been used in JIGSAW-E?
IN JIGSAW-E the project teams have worked with patients to produce several patient friendly, informative and eye catching resources, including
- The osteoarthritis guidebook
- The osteoarthritis short leaflet
- A joint pain poster for GP waiting rooms to advertise the osteoarthritis guidebook to patients
- A set of slides for GP waiting rooms
- A poster advertising the Keele Pain Recorder app – an app developed at Keele to help patients with conditions such as osteoarthritis to monitor their pain levels
- Patient Champions for JIGSAW-E looked at Norwegian and UK versions of the Quality Indicator Questionnaire, before unifying it into one version to be used in the project
- A leaflet concentrating on hand osteoarthritis, based on Keele University’s SMOOTH trial evidence
- The osteoarthritis leaflet was written with patients at Keele
- Support for mental health and long term pain