How first contact physiotherapists can enhance care for people with osteoarthritis
Welcome to the “First contact physiotherapist osteoarthritis training programme”. These modules will provide high quality training for implementing best practice consultations & care for people with osteoarthritis.
Course format and aims:
This course is split into 5 sections of between 5 and 10 minutes duration. This training programme will equip first contact physiotherapists to support the implementation of the NICE guidelines on core treatments for osteoarthritis. The objectives are to:
- have a clear understanding of osteoarthritis
- understand how osteoarthritis and condition beliefs can impact an individual’s life and behaviour
- be able to confidently make a diagnosis and explain osteoarthritis
- be able to advise on evidence based pain relief, exercise and weight management and provide good written information and signposting to other resources
- be aware of strategies to facilitate behaviour change and support self-management
- consider potential opportunities for further first contact physiotherapist skill development
Please register on our site and sign up to the course to continue.
How we use your information
In order to access the online training you will need to provide your username, email and general location. This will be kept confidential and secure.
Where can I get further information about data privacy and protection at Keele University?
Your personal information is held and used in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). Keele University is the Data Controller under the provisions of the Regulation. Under GDPR, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you and Keele University is committed to protecting privacy and to processing all personal information in a manner that meets the requirements of the Regulation. We will not pass your details to any third party or government department unless you give us your explicit consent to do so. By clicking above, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
Further information about how we process your information can be found in our Privacy Statement
Click here for more information about privacy and cookies